Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home
Now that is a smile I would pay for!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday, September 1

I am happy to see you are still out there. Thanks for the words of encouragement and they do get me through some days.

Dean is looking very healthy and that was confirmed by our family Dr. who just did blood work on Deano. His liver and kidney function is great and everything looks good on his blood panel. We will be seeing a neurologist on the 17th of this month and that will be interesting to see how he has progressed in that area.

Kwan (Physical Therapy) suggested we have an outing today. Some place with air conditioning (it was miserable hot at the beach today so I can only imagine what it was like in the Valleys). Dean chose Barnes & Noble and we took the field trip with only his walker. Even in the air conditioning, beads of sweat were dripping from Deano's face. By the time we made it home, he went straight to bed without passing Go.

Tomorrow our outing will be with Pam (Occupational Therapy) to the grocery market.

Well Riley starts school one week from tomorrow and he is (shall we say) physically ready, meaning he has everything he needs to start, ie. supplies, new uniforms, shoes and backpack. Now mentally is a whole different story. Can you believe 4th grade. Did I talk about this already (so sorry) I guess I am the one that cannot believe 4th grade.

We need your prayers now more than ever.

Until we meet again.

6 comments:

Clover said...

Hi, from Northern CA.
Yes, I'm still here, checking to see if there are updates, holding you in my prayers and heart. You are never far from my mind. I applaud your courage and commitment. I'm excited by the progress; and I know that it's a longer haul than anyone would like. And it's all in the right direction.

I send you my love.
Clover

Jon Geller said...

We pray for Dean's recovery every night and that we (collectively) will be patient with his recovery. Its going to happen! We just need to give him time!

Gari-Jo said...

Hi from Pasadena - I check in daily and marvel constantly at the grace and bravery evident in every word you write - as well as lots of wit and humor. Just walking in the grass along side your path - close enough to hear a call ... Gari-Jo

Frankie said...

Alabama is still praying. Every outing will give Dean ( and you ) more and more strength and you will start to see a difference before you know it. Talking about sweat, the humidity here is about 98% today and with our heat it takes your breath.He would not be able to go out here.

Michael Carrillo said...

Penny and I are still here and I still marvel at the courage the 3 of you have.

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,
It sounds like you are making progress. I was really glad to hear that Dean is able to take at least some food by mouth. Sorry to hear about the fish tank but it sounds like it helped you fix the computer. Well done! I hope to come your way again toward the end of the month. Wishing you all the best.
Cheers,
Tim D.